Monday, November 5, 2007

Takashi Murakami

Better late than never, I thought this one would be worth it.
Went to the Geffen at MOCA last weekend for the Takashi Murakami opening. I must say I was blown away. The show was truly inspiring. Time to step up my game! If your in the LA area I highly suggest you take the time to check the show out. Show runs to Feb 11, 2008.
Please pardon the lack of photos. I was stopped immediately from taking pictures by security. I guess I wasn't slick enough.




I almost forgot it was Halloween weekend. For a minute I thought I was just surrounded by a bunch of weird art people.

DJ KRUSH was pounding out some beats.
The line was insane to get into the exhibit. Seemed more like a theme park than an art show. It went a lot quicker than expected.


Murakami recently collaborated with Kanye West to do some album art. Look out for his new Video "Good Morning" also done by Mr. Murakami. Dude is a man of many trades.


Murakami VS Louis Vuitton

Ended the night with some edamame and a bud at Mr. Ramen.