Thursday, October 30, 2008

Travel and Rights

I'm en route to the airport for a long-awaited trip overseas, but felt obligated to beat the hell outta this dead horse and encourage everyone to vote in this historical election! I voted early this morning at the LA Registrar Office, located in Norwalk. It was easy and painless, and went faster than I'd expected (in line by 7:45am, in and out in ~one hour). If you're like me, I requested a absentee ballot, but didn't get it in time. High voter turnout is expected for 11/4, so vote early if you can to avoid long lines, time constraints, or last minute emergencies.

You can vote early here:
LA County Registrat Office
12400 Imperial Hwy
Norwalk, CA 90650-3143
www.lavote.net


They've extended the hours to accommodate for the high volume. Thurs 10/30 8-5pm, Fri 10/31 & Sat 11/1 8-pm, Sun 11/2 8-4pm, Mon 11/3 8-5pm

This is history, play your part.

Sawa dee-ka,
Brittney